DIY Lace Slip-on Sneakers

vans, lace, fabric glue, how to, kara endres, trent shreeve

One trend I can fully get behind this season is fancy slip-on sneakers. Since comfort is key when picking out shoes, these were a no-brainer. You can go for the wedge sneaker à la Isabel Marant, or the flat sneaker as seen by Céline. I designed these ones after the Givenchy macrame lace and the lace-coated Marc by Marc Jacobs versions. See the steps below to make your own pair—very easy!

vans, lace, fabric glue, how to

Supplies:

Vans slip-on sneakers
black lace (I bought mine at JoAnn)
flexible fabric glue
paint brush
scissors

1. Coat the front section of the shoes with fabric glue.

2. Lay the lace over the wet glue and lightly press down.

3. Trim the excess lace from around the section.

4. Glue down the lace edges.

5. Repeat until you cover the entire shoe.

vans, lace, fabric glue, how to, kara endres, trent shreeve vans, lace, fabric glue, how tovans, lace, fabric glue, how to, kara endres, trent shreeve

This entry was posted in diy and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to DIY Lace Slip-on Sneakers

1. Erin @ Thanks, I Made It
    Twitter: erinpruckno

Cool! love how graphic the lace looks against the sneakers.

2. Gissi Jimenez
    Twitter: Gissij

Omg Kara! I’ve been wanting to do this DIY!
    So cool that you did it :D

3. Pingback: DIY Lace Slip-on Vans Sneakers - dressdownstyle.com

4. Theresa Hutchison says:

These are gorgeous!

5. Nailz Craze says:

These are just gorgeous! Thanks for the great tutorial and inspiration, I would love to try these myself!

6. Pingback: Nothing to wear? » The Architect of Style

7. Pingback: Lady From USA

8. Renee says:

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing : )

9. Pingback: DIY Sneaker Ideas | Two Pink Canaries

10. Pingback: 14 Cool DIY Sneakers Design | NewNist

11. MoominGirl says:

Hi :-) I have been SEARCHING for affordable lace sneakers and the only ones available are $400, so I think I will be making my own. Now that you have had them for a few months, how do they hold up? I am afraid that the lace will start coming off…

Hi :) I’ve been wearing them a lot and they’re holding up fantastically! The fabric glue really holds the lace well. I would go for it!