Pattern Mixing & DIY Cat Tights

DIY cat tights outfit I had seen some tights with cats on the knees before— and even pinned a pair to DIY, but it wasn’t until I saw Kirstin’s outfit post with her new kitty tights that I jumped into action to make my own. They’re playful without being too in your face, which was exactly the look I was going for. Follow along these easy steps and download the free template to make your own!

Dress: Bar III
Clutch: Clare Vivier
Shoes: DIY Glitter Converse
Necklace: DIY MJ Inspired Bolt
Bracelet: BaubleBar

{Outfit Photos by Trent Shreeve}

DIY cat tights outfit

DIY cat tights tutorial

1. Supplies: sheer tights, fabric paint, template (optional: small brush)

2. Try on the tights and then measure how far down you need to place the template (#3).

4. Place the template on top of a magazine (for support), roll and place in first leg of tights. With the tip of the paint or a small paint brush, trace the template.

5. Allow to fully dry.

6. Follow directions for second leg of the tights and let dry.

__________________________________________________________

Download the free template here:

cat template download

Print full size on 8.5×11″ paper for best results.

Tweet/Instagram me at @sprinklesprings with hashtag #SISDIY to share your creation!

This entry was posted in diy, what i wore and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Pattern Mixing & DIY Cat Tights

1. Melindah says:

Kristin’s outfit reminded me of those cool artsy girls that are sociable yet grounded. Those kitty prints are delicious!

2. Kirstin Marie
    Twitter: kirstinfoley

Aaah you made them!!! They came out soooo cute! Thanks for the shout out. Miss you still, but excited for March! I love all the pattern mixing in this post. You look great. xo

3. Sarah says:

Those tights are adorable! Where did you get them? I haven’t been able to find tights that sheer and natural looking before. And I might have to try out the kitty print. :)

4. sahra
    Twitter: effortlessxcool

omg such adorable tights!!!

XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

5. not only is your outfit adorable! love stripes & leopard together.
    but your tights are incredible!!! so subtle and awesome!!!

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

6. alyssa says:

you can buy these tights on ebay for like ~$3. i personally the originals cuter but still nice tutorial.

7. Glamamom
    Twitter: glamamom

Very cool! Too young for me but I love the look on you.

8. The Fashionable ESQ
    Twitter: FashionableESQ

Hello pretty lady! Cute DIY+Tights! I love Clare Vivier clutches. So lovely.

9. Pingback: Top 10 – DIY crafts | dressingfordreams

10. Fiona says:

These are the cutest I couldn’t help including them in my top ten cat diys!

11. Lia ~ Smart n Snazzy
    Twitter: smartnsnazzy

Holy cow these are SO cute! What a great job and fun idea!
    xo