I saw this graphic striped tee in a few magazines this month and thought it was a very simple design that makes a big statement. Inspired by the mod sixties and Edie Sedgwick, this design from the spring 2013 Marc Jacobs show is a cool way to dress like a modern free spirit. Follow along the simple tutorial to make your own!
1. Supplies: Plain white tee, black fabric paint, foam brush, scotch tape
*Note* Place a magazine, newspaper or cardboard in the shirt so the paint doesn’t soak through.
2. Tape two parallel lines on the front of the shirt for how tall you want your lines.
3. Layer tape to be about 1.5″ thick for the lines, or use some tape that thickness.
4. Place one strip of tape down the middle of the parallel lines.
5-6. Repeat until you have 6 white boxes of shirt to paint (7 vertical stripes of tape).
7-8. Squirt fabric paint into the first box and spread with the foam brush.
9. Repeat until all boxes are filled in and let dry.
10. Peel off the tape and it’s ready to wear!