DIY Tulle & Fabric Paint Mask Templates

Because of how popular my original masquerade mask post has become, I thought I’d give you a few more mask templates to pick from since people have been asking about that. Here is a set of four new designs just in time for Halloween. I tried these with some new colors and materials this time around. For the Boudoir mask, I used sheer pink fabric, iridescent grey paint and a strand of sequins. The Matrix Lace and Melting masks used nude tulle and then teal metallic and red glitter paint, respectively. The Nocturnal mask is made with a glitter tulle and black paint. After you download your free template, click here to follow the tutorial on how to make them!

Click the photos/links below to download the templates and get started on your costume!

*These templates are for personal use only, do not distribute or sell the designs.

make it

Boudoir Mask PDF

Matrix Lace Mask PDF

Melting Mask PDF

Nocturnal Mask PDF

style it

This entry was posted in diy, freebies and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to DIY Tulle & Fabric Paint Mask Templates

1. Pingback: Chic Masquerade – DIY Mask & Template | Sprinkles in Springs

2. The Fashionable ESQ
    Twitter: FashionableESQ

You’re so creative, it’s frightening. haha, frightening..halloween…get it? lol :)

3. Deanna says:

Beautiful new patterns! I was in love with your original post, and designed my own template for a mask using your technique! I love your idea of sequins though — Did you use fabric paint or fabric glue to stick them on?

That’s a good question! I used fabric glue, but it was a pain to peel it off of the plastic, so I’d recommend trying fabric paint instead. I’d love to see your design if you get a chance!

4. Kirstin Marie
    Twitter: kirstinfoley

These are way too much fun. I want to do a masquerade party or something. How fun would that be???

5. Tasha says:

I absolutely LOVE just how clever this idea of yours was, but not just that! I’m also so crazy about it because there’s no need to stick by the designs you gave- your how-to is versatile enough that the design could be changed yet the outcome would still come out beautifully!

6. Bea says:

these are awesome! how did you make the templates?

7. Hayley W says:

I tried this in gold glitter for a friend’s 30th birthday that was a Masquerade Ball….and WOW! The results were phenomenal. So many people were in awe. Lots of questions as to what it was exactly, and how I did it. This is so easy, and the WOW factor is totally there. I was able to let this beautiful mask carry my entire costume. Thank you so much for this tutorial and the wonderful templates. It’s just genius! :)

8. Leanne says:

If you didn’t want to tie this on, you could use liquid latex to have it stick to your face perfectly. Definitely Pinning this, and will try it out for Halloween!!

9. Pingback: DIY Project: Fabric Paint Mask | I Love. Therefore, I Cook.

10. Ashley Smith says:

i love these! i cant wait to try and make one! i’m going as Batman for when me and my boyfriend take his little girl trick-or-treating on Halloween, and its gonna make an amazing mask!

11. Magan says:

These are fantastic! How did you draft them, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m working on a poison ivy costume and want to make something like Uma Thurmans portrayal.
    Thanks so much for the awesome tutorial!

12. Pingback: Tumblrstar

13. Dominica says:

I just made these for my daughters and I, them for fun, me for a party, and I’m wondering, is it normal to not be able to peel off the plastic wrap? The masks are lined with plastic wrap now, and I’m thinking that will be sweaty. Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

The only thing I can think of is if you didn’t have the plastic wrap very tight before you started painting. I pulled it tight so that it was super smooth and taped it to the table.

14. Pingback: -